Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The soreness of it all.......

So yesterday was yard work day. Tim usually mows and edges the lawn. Well, obviously that wasn't going to happen so I asked TJ if he could do it. When he started screaming at me I assumed that meant no. That left me, the lawn mower and the weed eater to duke it out in the garage. Luckily for me I have a wonderful neighbor who had already mowed the front, due to the fact that he knows of Tim's situation right now. All I had to do was take care of the back yard. Well, our mower is not self propelled so I had to push that S.O.B. the whole time. It didn't take long to do though because our dog has taken care of most of the grass back there and turned it into dirt. The real issue came when it was time for the weed eater. Now, don't get me wrong. When I was growing up I mowed and weed-eated all the time. It's just been a while because Tim doesn't want me doing it. Man, that thing was exhausting. I was tired about 2 minutes into it. It was hard for me to hold because of my Carpal Tunnel but I managed. After about 15 minutes of that I had to water some dry spots to reduce the fire hazard. That wasn't bad at all. By the time I got inside my arms were DEAD! All I wanted to do was take a shower, but of course TJ needed to be bathed also. Since I needed a shower I decided to just toss him into the shower with me. That was fine except for the fact that it drained any energy that I had left. By the time I got out of the shower it was time for TJ's lunch and then nap time.


Thank God for nap time! I am pretty sure he is going through a growth spurt because he slept for 3 1/2 hours. I actually had to go wake him up for dinner. And then when bed time came around he was sooo ready to sleep again. This morning he slept till 10am, which is a little later then usual. I thought for sure nap time was not going to happen due to him sleeping in but again he went right to sleep. He did, however, wake up early from his nap.


I feel like I have been put through the ringer ever since Tim's surgery. I feel tired all the time and don't want to do anything. I was about to ditch out on softball practice today, but I really needed my time away. When I came home from practice TJ was waiting for me with open arms. There is no better feeling then knowing that you were missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment