Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

My shot!

Today I went to the doctor in regards to my Carpal Tunnel. I had a Nerve Conduction Test done about a week and a half ago so we went over the results today. There is no nerve damage, which is good, but my hand still hurts. So, at my appointment we went over my options. There were 3 of them:
1. Deal with the pain every day 
2. Cortizone Shot
3. Surgery


Well, due to the fact that I have been living with this pain for the past 4 months I know I am tired of that option. On to the next.....Cortizone here we come! He shot my hand full of a numbing agent and to be perfectly honest I have no idea how I have managed to type this whole thing without major mistakes. The shot was given to me 5 hours ago and I am starting to wonder when the numbness will ever wear off. It is really starting to be annoying. Just a  constant tingling feeling. The doc said that I might still have pain for the next week because it takes a few days for the Cortizone to really take effect. For now I will just enjoy the fact that my hand is not in pain. 


As for Tim.......recovery is going ok. One of his incisions refuses to close up so that is requiring a little extra attention. He went to the doc also today and now twice daily he has to shove a saline saturated gauze piece in it! Ah, the joys of recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment